Monday, October 19, 2009

What am I doing?

I have no idea what I am doing or why. Recently I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog. I'm not sure I have the time or the mental energy to keep up with this. I'm also not sure anybody will be too interested in what I have to say but there may be a few out there. I have a few blogs that I enjoy keeping up with and inspire me, I am hoping that my blog can serve the same purpose to other people.

Just a quick profile on me. I'm a stay at home mom to a toddler that is very adventurous and outgoing. I know where he got the adventurous part from but the outgoing part is nothing he got from us. In the mornings, when my son is at preschool feeding his outgoing side, I am feeding my adventurous and introverted side by running trails. I have recently discovered that I love trail running. I try to do it at least twice a week. Once a week I do a social run with two other SAHMs that isn't a trail run (I may be mostly introverted but I do need some adult contact during the weekdays). I also swim and do yoga once a week.

I have lots of lofty goals in my head that I want to do. I just need my body to agree to cooperate in order to accomplish these goals. Goal number one right now is to complete a Marathon. After that I don't have any set goals just lots of ideas swirling in my head: trail marathons/half marathons, trying a triathlon, seeing if I can get a Marathon Maniac or Half Maniac status, pursue the Xterra Trail Running Series in SC and Ga. There is just so much I'd like to do and can't get my mind to settle on picking one and sticking to it. I'm sure I'll just be all over the place.

I have goals at home too. I'm not looking to be super mom. I'd like to be better at cooking. I'm working at it but it's not something I love to do. I keep my house pretty clean. It's not the cleanest house but I have no worries about ever being on one of those shows about people's horribly filthy and disorganized houses.

When I feel I have the house under control I like to dabble in crafts. Sometimes it's crocheting something simple, sewing a purse or softie dolls, or my new discovery of felt crafts. I made Emmett, my son, some really cute felt designs that I sewed on to some of his onesies and shirts over the past year. I am learning how to do needle felting. Lots of fun, easy (so far), and very meditative. I've made some penguins (with instructions) and a mutant dog (without any instructions, hence the mutant part). I love that it's a craft that I can eventually do successfully without patterns. Crafts are another area of my life where I have lots of ideas swirling around in my head and not enough time or energy to get them done.

Well, we'll have to wait and see what is in store for my blog's future. Will I flourish or flop? I guess that's truly up to me. One of my favorite quotes: Whether you think you can or can't you're right. -Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment