Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthday Wrap Up

So there isn't much excitement going on for my birthday today. The big 38 doesn't feel a whole lot different than 37. It does make me two years away from the Master's Division at races. That seems kind of odd. Two years doesn't sound like long enough to make me a Master runner. I have to say I'm looking forward to reaching that milestone as much as I'm dreading it. Master's runner sounds like I'm empowered and knowledgeable but it also sounds like I should have one foot in the grave by then, 40 is nowhere near the grave. Anyway back to this year's age, no big deal, we aren't doing any official celebrating. I do have an appt to get a new tattoo with Emmett's name worked into it so I am excited about that.


On the running front things have been uneventful, sort of. I've done very little barefoot running since my first round of blisters and hot spots. I did a very short one mid week last week, I've got a tiny bit of soreness on the top of my left foot. So it's time to dial back the barefooting mileage a bit until that is resolved. I've also got a mild quad strain in my right leg. It's not causing pain, it's just a noticeable tight spot. I'm taking a few days off to rest and stretch it, gently of course. I've got my first road 5k coming up this weekend. I'm anxious to see how I can do, I just hope the quad is settled by then.


Laura and I checked out another access point for the Ridgeline Trail at the boulder's access area on Bethlehem Rd. It was a hilly challenge. Laura and I openly complained about the abundance of hills. We also reminded ourselves of how good the hills are for our quest to dominate the racing scene. We both brought our cameras. Laura was sad to find out her battery was dead and my pics didn't come out as well as hoped. Laura gave me a good tough girl pose for the camera and I know she's going to love me for sharing it with everyone.

She's now done a handful of trail runs, one in the rain and this last one on some rough and hilly terrain. I'll gladly give her her first bad ass trail girl badge. After this run she went home and was put to work in her back yard by her project obsessed hubby. She is definitely a mom to respect for her toughness!

Have a good week of running everyone! Hopefully I'll have a good report for you this weekend after the Run For The Money 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment